Wells Fargo is one of the largest financial institutions in the world. It offers several credit cards for a wide range of applicants. The Wells Fargo Secured Card, for example, is suitable for applicants with poor or limited credit. The Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card offers several rewards and is designed for applicants with good to excellent credit.
How to Apply for Wells Fargo Credit Card Online
It’s quick to apply for Wells Fargo credit card online.
- First, visit their website at www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards.
- Scroll to the middle of the page and click “Find a Credit Card.”
- If you’re looking for a specific type of card, click on that card type. You can also click on “All Cards” to compare all your options.
- Once you’ve decided on a card, click on “Apply Now” below that card.
For example, if you want to apply for the Wells Fargo Propel card, click the red “Apply Now” button below that card.
- On the next page, fill in your first and last name, your address, your date of birth, your phone number, your email address, and your Social Security number.
Select an option for citizenship and enter your mother’s maiden name. Click the red “Continue” button and follow the prompts to finish your application.
Other Ways to Apply for Wells Fargo Credit Card
You can also complete a Wells Fargo credit card application online if you’ve received a mail offer.
- Visit their website and scroll down the page. Click on “Respond to an Offer.”
- On the next page, enter the reservation number on your offer. Click the red button that says “Continue.”
- Follow the prompts to finish your application.
You can also apply for a Wells Fargo credit card at a branch. You can visit their website to find a branch near you.back to menu ↑
Wells Fargo Rewards Program
Several Wells Fargo cards offer rewards. The Wells Fargo Propel credit card offers 30,000 bonus points if you make $3,000 in purchases during the first three months you have the card. You can also earn triple points for gas, flights, hotels, car rentals, and streaming services. You earn one point for all your other purchases.
The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa card offers 1.5 percent cash rewards on your purchases. You can also earn $200 in cash rewards with your first $1,000 in purchases.back to menu ↑
Wells Fargo Credit Card FAQs
Can you add an authorized user to my credit card?
You can add a user to your credit card by logging into your online account. You are responsible for any charges made by the authorized user.
What is the APR for a Wells Fargo credit card?
The APRs vary depending on the credit card and your credit history. APRs typically range from 14.24 percent to 26.74 percent.
What is the balance transfer fee?
If you transfer a balance to a Wells Fargo card, the fee is either 5 percent of the amount of the transfer or $5, whichever is higher.
Is there a late fee?
There is a late fee of up to $37 if your payment is received after the due date.
Wells Fargo credit card reviews are mixed. Many customers enjoy the ample rewards associated with the Wells Fargo Propel credit card. Several reviewers report having negative experiences with Wells Fargo’s customer service representatives. If you experience difficulties with your card, you may want to visit a branch in person if you’re able to rather than calling.