Walmart is one of the largest store chains around. If you’re a frequent Walmart shopper, you may benefit from a Walmart credit card. Depending on your credit history, you may be eligible for a Walmart Mastercard, which you can use for purchases anywhere that accepts Mastercard, or a Walmart store card.
You need a fair credit score to qualify for a store card and a good credit score to qualify for a Walmart Mastercard. A fair credit score starts at around 640 and a good credit score starts at around 700.
How to Apply for Walmart Credit Card Online
It’s simple to apply for Walmart credit card online.
- You can complete a Walmart.com credit card application by visiting www.walmart.com/creditcard.
- On their webpage, click “Apply now” near the top of the page. If you’re not already signed into Walmart.com, you will need to sign into your account.
- If you don’t already have a Walmart.com account, you will need to create an account to complete a Walmart credit card application.
- To create an account, click “Create a new account.”
- Enter your first and last name and your email address. Create a password and click “Create Account.”
- Once you have an account, visit the sign-in page and enter your email address and password. Click “Sign in.”
- Enter your address, your phone number, your Social Security number, your date of birth, and your annual net income (your income after taxes have been taken out).
- Click the yellow “Continue” button and follow the prompts to finish your application.
Other Ways to Apply for a Walmart Credit Card
You can also apply for Walmart credit card at any Walmart location. Ask a cashier to apply or visit their MoneyCenter to complete an application.back to menu ↑
Walmart Rewards Program
The Walmart credit cards offer 5 percent cash back on all purchases from Walmart.com. You also get 2 percent back on gas and 1 percent back at Walmart locations and anywhere else you can use your card if you have a Walmart Mastercard.back to menu ↑
Walmart Credit Card FAQs
How are rewards paid?
Walmart’s cash back rewards are paid out as a statement credit. They are applied to your statement each month.
How do I check my rewards balance?
You can check your rewards by logging into your online Walmart.com account. You can also see them by reviewing your statement and looking in the Rewards Earned Summary Box.
Can I transfer a balance?
You can’t transfer a balance onto a Walmart credit card.
Is there a late fee?
If your payment is late, you will be charged a late fee of $27. If you have missed a payment in the last six billing cycles, your late fee will be $39.
What’s the APR for a Walmart credit card?
If you’re approved for a Walmart Mastercard, your APR will range from 17.99 percent to 27.74 percent. If you’re approved for a store card, your APR will be 24.65 percent.
Overall, Walmart credit card reviews aren’t great. Many cardholders have complaints about their customer service and about having their credit lines lowered or accounts closed without warning. The rewards are limited compared to other rewards cards, especially since you only get 1 percent back for shopping in the store.
As a Walmart associate, I am very happy with this credit card as it allows me to stack all the discounts that I am eligible for, such as my 10% associate discount.