The Union Plus credit card is issued by Capital One and is available to union members. There are three Union Plus credit cards. One is for those with good credit, which is a score of 700-749, and the other two are for those with excellent credit, which is a score of 750 or above.
Benefits vary depending on which card you choose. All three cards offer hardship grants to assist you if you are disabled or hospitalized.
How to Apply for Union Plus Card Online
It’s simple to apply for Union Plus card online. There are two options for applying online. One is for those who have been invited to apply, and the other is for those who have not received an offer by mail.
How to Apply for Union Plus Card Online Without an Invitation
If you have not been invited to apply, you can still complete a Union Plus card application.
- Visit their website at www.theunioncard.com.
- Choose the card you want to apply for. The application process is similar no matter which card you choose.
- Click the green “Apply Now” button under the card you would like to apply for.
- Enter your email address, your first and last name, and your mailing address. If you have a separate residential address, you must provide that as well.
- You also need to provide your phone number, your Social Security number, your date of birth. Next, answer the question of whether or not you are a U.S. citizen.
Enter your monthly mortgage or rent payment, and whether you rent or own your residence. Choose an option for your employment status and enter your mother’s maiden name and your total annual income.
Next, choose your union name and enter your local union number if you have it available. You also have the option to select whether you have a checking account, a savings account, or both.
- Choose an answer to the question regarding whether you would like blank checks for cash advances.
- Click the green “Continue Application” button and follow the prompts to finish your application.
How to Apply for Union Plus Card Online With an Invitation
If you have invited to complete a Union Plus card application, visit their website.
- Look for the pop-up banner near the top of the page that says “Received a mail offer?” Click “Reply now” next to the question.
- On the next page, enter your invitation code.
- Click the green button saying “Continue to Application.”
Follow the prompts to finish your application.back to menu ↑
Other Ways to Apply for a Union Plus Card
You can complete a Union Plus application by phone. Call them at 1-800-522-40-00 to apply by phone.back to menu ↑
Union Plus Card Customer Service
Union Plus card offers customer service 24 hours per day, seven days per week. You can reach them at 1-800-622-25-80.back to menu ↑
Union Plus Card FAQs
What kind of hardship assistance can I receive through the Union Plus card?
Union Plus cardholders can receive several types of financial assistance. They can receive disability grants, job loss grants, strike grants, hospital grants, and disaster relief grants. Each grant is paid directly to you.
What is the APR for a Union Plus card?
The APR depends on which card you qualify for. If you get the Primary Access card, the APR is 26.99 percent, and it varies with the Prime Rate. The Rate Advantage card has a 0 percent APR for the first 15 billing cycles. When that period ends, your APR will be between 13.99 percent and 23.99 percent, based on your credit. The Cash Rewards card offers a 0 percent APR for the first year. After the first year, the APR will be between 15.9 percent and 25.74 percent, depending on your credit score and history.
Is there an annual fee?
There is no annual fee for a Union Plus card.
Is there a late fee?
If your payment is received after the due date, you can be charged a late fee of up to $40.
How can I manage my Union Plus card?
You can manage the card and make payments online at their website or by downloading the Capital One app.
Reviews of the Union Plus card are mixed. Some like the 0 percent introductory rate and the cash back. Other users feel the credit limits are too low and that you can find better benefits using other credit cards. Users do enjoy the access to additional hardship benefits and the fact that they’re willing to work with users who don’t have perfect credit.