BMWs are among the most popular, prestigious vehicles on the road. If you own a BMW, or if you’d like to, you may want to consider the BMW credit card. With the BMW Visa card, you can earn points toward a BMW with every purchase you make.
There are four BMW credit cards, one of which is available by invitation only. To qualify for a BMW credit card, you need to have a credit score of good or better, which means a score of at least 700.
How to Complete a BMW Credit Card Application Online
Completing a BMW credit card application online is easy.
- To start, visit their website at www.mybmwcard.com.
- Click on the blue “Apply Now” button near the top right-hand corner of the page.
You can choose which card you would like to complete the BMW credit card apply process for. The process is the same for all three cards that you can apply for without an invitation.
- For example, if you want to apply for the BMW card, check the box next to the card and click “Submit.”
- On the next page, scroll to the bottom and check the box agreeing to the terms and conditions. Click “Continue.”
- Enter your first and last name, your address, and your phone number. Type in how long you have lived at your current address, your Social Security number, and your date of birth. Provide your mother’s maiden name.
Give your email address, your employer’s name, your job title, your employer’s phone number, and how long you’ve been employed.
Provide your annual income and any other income you’d like considered. Indicate whether you’d like to add an authorized user and their information.
- Select how you heard about the card and click “Continue.” Follow the prompts to finish your application.
BMW Credit Card Rewards Program
The basic BMW credit card offers one point for each dollar you spend on purchases except for BMW purchases, which earn three points per dollar. If you qualify for the BMW Signature card, you earn four points for each dollar you spend at BMW, two points for each dollar you spend on gas, and one point for all other purchases.back to menu ↑
BMW Credit Card FAQs
What is the APR for a BMW credit card?
The BMW credit card offers a 0 percent APR for the first 15 months. After that, the APR varies based on the Prime Rate. It typically ranges from 14.99 to 25.99 percent depending on your credit history.
Can I get a cash advance?
You can get a cash advance. The APR for a cash advance is 26.99 percent and the fee is either 4 percent or $10, whichever is more.
Is there an annual fee?
There is no annual fee for the basic BMW card. There is a $75 annual fee for the BMW Signature card.
Is there a late fee?
If your payment is received after the due date, you can be charged a late fee of up to $35.
Is there a penalty APR?
If your payment is received after the due date, or if your payment has been returned, you may be subject to a penalty APR. The APR is 30.99 percent.
The reviews for the BMW credit card are mixed. Many cardholders appreciate the 15-month 0 percent APR. The rewards program isn’t spectacular compared to other rewards credit cards on the market, though. There are also some complaints about customer service. Even if you enjoy BMWs, you may want to consider another card first.