If you’re a frequent traveler, you may want to take advantage of the rewards offered by the Marriott Rewards credit card. Although there is an annual fee, the rewards outweigh the cost, and you can use the card at thousands of properties. The Marriott Rewards card is issued by Chase, and you have the best chance of being approved if you have a good credit score of around 700 or higher.
How to Apply for Marriott Credit Card Online
It’s simple to apply for Marriott credit card online.
- First, visit their website at www.marriottrewards.com.
- Click on “About Marriott Rewards” in the upper right-hand corner and choose “Marriott Rewards Credit Card” from the drop-down menu.
- On the next page, scroll down and click the blue link reading “Learn More.”
- Click “Continue” on the next page. This brings you to the Marriott Rewards card application.
- Enter your name, physical address, and email address. Provide your date of birth, your mother’s maiden name, your Social Security number, and your total annual income.
- Select the type of residence you live in and your primary source of income.
Enter your phone number and select whether any part of your income is non-taxable.
If you have a Marriott Rewards number, enter it in the box.
- Scroll down and check the box agreeing to the terms and conditions and click “Submit.”
Marriott Rewards Credit Card Rewards Program
The Marriott Rewards credit card awards points based on your purchases. You earn six points for each dollar you spend at a Marriott or Marriott-affiliated property and two points for every dollar you spend elsewhere. You also get a free night’s stay each year and automatic Silver Elite status. If you spend $3,000 within 90 days of opening your account, you can also earn a 50,000-point bonus.back to menu ↑
Marriott Rewards Credit Card FAQs
What is the APR for a Marriott Rewards credit card?
The APR for a Marriott Rewards credit card is between 18.99 and 25.99 percent. It is variable based on the Prime Rate and is based on your credit history.
Can I transfer a balance?
You can transfer a balance, and the APR is the same as your purchase APR. There is a 5 percent fee for transferring a balance.
Is there an annual fee?
There is no annual fee for some Marriott Bonvoy credit cards, and a $95 annual fee for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card.
Is there a late fee?
Payments received after the due date may be subject to a $40 fee.
Can I get a cash advance with the Marriott Rewards credit card?
You can get a cash advance, and the APR for cash advances is 27.99 percent. There is also a fee of 5 percent of the amount of the transaction.
Overall, reviews for the Marriott Rewards card are positive. Frequent travelers enjoy the rewards and the sign-up bonus. The free room provided each year covers the cost of the annual fee. There are a few complaints about customer service, but overall cardholders enjoy the card and the rewards it offers.