The GameStop credit card rewards you for your store purchases. If you’re an avid gamer, it might be worth looking into. It offers bonus points when you sign up for the card and additional bonus points periodically throughout the year.
The GameStop credit card is issued by Comenity Capital Bank. It’s available to those who have fair credit, which is a score of about 630 or higher. If you need to build or re-build your credit, the availability of this card to those without great credit might also be useful in boosting your credit.
How to Apply for GameStop Credit Card Online
- You can apply for GameStop credit card by visiting their website at www.gamestop.com.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “PowerUp Rewards Credit Card” link under the “Network” heading.
- On the next page, click the red button halfway down the page that says “Apply Now.” This takes you to the GameStop account page.
You are required to sign up for a GameStop online account to apply for a credit card if you don’t already have one.
Sign Up for a GameStop Account
- To create an account, click on the link that reads “Create a New Account.”
- Enter your email address and create a password with at least eight characters and at three of the following four options: a number, an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter, or a special character.
- Click the red button reading “Create Account.”
Sign Into Your GameStop Account and Apply
- Visit the GameStop account page and sign into your account with your email and password.
- Click “PowerUp Rewards Credit Card” at the bottom of the page.
- Click the red “Apply Now” button and follow the prompts to complete your GameStop credit card application. You will need to provide your personal information, like your name and address, and your financial information, such as your income.
GameStop Credit Card Customer Service
If you have concerns about your GameStop credit card, you can call their customer care representatives at 1-855-497-81-68. They are available from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.
You can also write them at:
Comenity Capital Bank
P.O. Box 183003
Columbus, OH, 43218-3003.
GameStop Credit Card FAQs
What are the benefits of a GameStop credit card?
You earn bonus points when you initially sign up for a GameStop credit card, which you can use toward GameStop purchases. If you have a basic membership, you earn 5,000 bonus points. If you have a PowerUp Rewards Pro membership, you earn 15,000.
What is the APR for a GameStop credit card?
The APR is variable. It’s currently 28.74 percent.
Is there an annual fee?
There is no annual fee for the GameStop credit card.
Is there a late fee?
There is a late fee of up to $38 if your GameStop credit card payment is received after the due date.
Is my GameStop credit card information shared?
GameStop shares your information with other companies for marketing purposes. You can opt out of this sharing by calling 1-877-287-5012.
Overall, GameStop credit card reviews are on the negative side. There is no ongoing rewards program, and the APR is high. You do get bonus points and occasional special offers. If you are a gamer who is looking to rebuild your credit, this card might be worth applying for. If you have good or excellent credit, you may be better off with applying for a different rewards card that you can use anywhere you shop.