Capital One is one of the largest credit card issuers around. They offer credit cards suitable to applicants with just about any credit score, from a very low score to a high score of 750 or more. They have cards with travel rewards, cash back rewards, and low introductory APRs.
How to Apply for Capital One Card Online
You can quickly apply for Capital One card online.
The process varies slightly whether you’re responding to a mail offer or applying directly.
Compare Capital One Credit Cards [10/29/2018]
|CARD NAME||ANNUAL FEE||INTRO APR||APRS||BALANCE TRANSFER FEE||FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE|
|Savor® Rewards Credit Card||$0 intro for the first year, $95 after that||None||13.74% - 25.74% variable||3% of the amount of each transferred balance||None|
|SavorOne℠ Rewards Credit Card||0 USD||0% intro APR for 15 months||13.74% - 25.74% variable||3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months||None|
|Venture® Rewards Credit Card||$0 intro for the first year, $95 after that||None||13.74% - 25.74% variable||3% of the amount of each transferred balance||None|
|VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card||0 USD||0% intro APR for 12 months||12.74% - 24.74% variable||3% of the amount of each transferred balance||None|
|Quicksilver® Rewards Credit Card||0 USD||0% intro APR for 15 months||13.74% - 25.74% variable||3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months||None|
|CapitalOne Platinum Credit Card||0 USD||None||26.99% variable||None||None|
|QuicksilverOne® Rewards Credit Card||$39||None||26.99% variable||None||None|
|Journey® Student Rewards Credit Card||0 USD||None||26.99% variable||None||None|
|Capital One Secured Mastercard® Credit Card||0 USD||None||24.99% variable||None||None|
|Spark® Cash Credit Card||$0 intro for the first year, $95 after that||None||18.74% variable||None||None|
|Spark® Miles Credit Card||$0 intro for the first year, $95 after that||None||18.74% variable||None||None|
|Spark® Cash Select Credit Card||0 USD||0% intro APR for 9 months||14.74% - 22.74% variable||None||None|
|Spark® Miles Select Credit Card||0 USD||0% intro APR for 9 months||14.74% - 22.74% variable||None||None|
|Spark® Classic Credit Card||0 USD||None||24.74% variable||None||None|
Complete a Capital One Credit Card Application With a Mail Offer
- If you’ve received a Capital One credit card application invitation in the mail, you can respond by visiting their website.
- Enter your reservation number and your access code, which are near the bottom of your offer letter.
- Click “Get Started” and follow the prompts to finish your application.
Apply for a Capital One Card Without a Mail Offer
- You can apply without a mail offer. To start, visit www.capitalone.com/credit-cards.
- Choose a category of credit cards to explore or click “See All Cards” to compare all their cards.
The application process is similar regardless of which card you choose.
- For example, if you want to apply for the Savor Rewards card, click the green “Apply Now” button under the card.
- Enter your first and last name, your date of birth, and your Social Security number. Answer the question about your citizenship, and then enter your residential and mailing addresses.
- Provide your email address and your phone number. Select your employment status and enter your annual income, your monthly housing payment, what type of bank accounts you have, and whether you would like blank cash advance checks.
- Check the box agreeing to their Electronic Communications Disclosure.
- Click the “Continue” button and follow the prompts to finish your application.
Other Ways to Apply for Capital One Card
You can apply by phone by calling 1-800-695-55-00.back to menu ↑
Capital One Customer Service
You can reach Capital One customer service by phone by calling 1-800-227-48-25. You can also write them at:
Attn: General Correspondence
P.O. Box 30285
Salt Lake City, UT, 84130-0287.
Capital One Credit Card FAQs
What are the benefits of a Capital One credit card?
Capital One credit cards offer a wide range of benefits. The SavorOne Rewards card offers at least 1 percent cash back on all your purchases. The Venture Rewards card offers 50,000 bonus miles if you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first three months.
What is the APR for a Capital One credit card?
The APR varies depending on the card and your credit. APRs range from 14 percent to 29 percent.
Is there an annual fee?
Many Capital One cards have no annual fee. Of that cards that do have an annual fee, the highest it goes is $95 per year.
Is there a late fee?
If your payment is late, you can be charged a fee of up to $38.
How long will it take to get my Capital One card?
In most cases, it will take about seven to 10 business days to receive your card. If you applied for a secured card, it will take two to three weeks to receive your card.
Overall, Capital One reviews are positive. Cardholders enjoy the travel and cash back benefits. They also report receiving credit line increases and lower APRs than with other credit card companies. There are a few complaints about their customer service.