The BuyPower credit card offers cardholders rewards that you can redeem toward the purchase of a new GM vehicle. This includes GMC vehicles, Cadillacs, Chevrolets, and Buicks. The car is issued by Capital One and is aimed for consumers with good credit. This means you should have a credit score of about 700 or higher to apply.
How to Apply for BuyPower Credit Card Online
It’s simple to apply for BuyPower credit card online.
To get started, visit their website at www.buypowercard.com.
Once you’re on the website, you can respond to a mail offer or apply for a card without an invitation.
How to Apply for a BuyPower Credit Card without an Invitation
- If you don’t have an invitation to complete a BuyPower credit card application, click the green “Apply Now” button in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- On the next page, enter your email address, your first and last name, and your mailing address.
If you have a different residential address, you must enter that as well. Choose an answer to the question regarding whether you are a married resident of Wisconsin.
- Enter your phone number, your Social Security number, and your date of birth.
- Answer the question about your U.S. Citizenship, and then enter your monthly rent or mortgage amount, choose your type of residence, choose your employment status, and choose and enter your occupation.
Enter your mother’s maiden name and your total annual income. You can also answer the question about when you plan to purchase your next vehicle.
- Click the green “Continue Application” button and follow the prompts to finish your application.
How to Apply for a BuyPower Credit Card with an Invitation
- If you have received an offer in the mail to apply for a BuyPower credit card, visit their website and click “Respond to a Mail Offer” at the top center of the page.
- Enter your invitation number, which is located above your name on the offer you received in the mail.
- Click the green button that says “Continue to Application” and follow the prompts to finish your application.
Other Ways to Apply for a BuyPower Credit Card
You can also complete a BuyPower credit card application by phone.
Call 1-800-460-28-45 to complete an application over the phone.back to menu ↑
BuyPower Credit Card Customer Service
You can also write them at Capital One Care Center, P.O. Box 30256, Salt Lake City, UT, 84130-0256 or contact them through their website.back to menu ↑
BuyPower Credit Card FAQs
What are the benefits of a BuyPower credit card?
A BuyPower credit card offers rewards toward the purchase of a GM vehicle. You earn 5 percent on the first $5,000 in purchases you make each year, and 2 percent on your purchases after that. The rewards never expire.
What is the APR for a BuyPower credit card?
The BuyPower credit card offers a 0 percent APR for the first year. After that, the APR ranges from 17.99 percent to 27.99 percent, depending on your credit history.
Is there an annual fee?
There is no annual fee for the BuyPower credit card.
Is there a grace period?
There is a 25-day grace period with the BuyPower credit card, which means you have 25 days after the due date to make a payment without being charged a late fee.
Can I use my rewards to purchase a used GM vehicle?
You can only use rewards to purchase a new GM vehicle. You can use the rewards you earn to make a down payment, lower your monthly payment amount, or to upgrade your vehicle.
Reviews for the BuyPower credit card are mixed. Many cardholders appreciated the easy application process. There were some complaints about poor customer service, though. Some cardholders also reported having trouble redeeming their points when purchasing a new vehicle.