Barclays offers an extremely wide range of cards. Some offer a points program, while others offer cash back or travel rewards that you can use on a specific airline or for general travel.
Most Barclays credit cards require applicants to have excellent credit. This means you have a credit score of 760 or higher. If your credit score is above 700, you may be approved depending on your overall credit history.
How to Apply for Barclays Credit Card Online
You can easily apply for Barclays credit card online.
- To get started, visit their website at www.barclaycardus.com.
- Click on “Credit Cards” near the top left. This will bring you to a page of all Barclays credit card offerings.
- Choose which card you want to apply for and click “Learn more” on the right.
For example, if you are interested in the Barclaycard Arrival Plus card, look for that card and click “Learn more.”
- On the next page, click “Apply now” in the upper right-hand corner.
- Enter your first and last name, your address, how long you have lived at your current address, and whether you own or rent your residence.
- In the next section, select your occupation, enter your total annual income, and select whether you have a checking account, a savings account, or both.
Choose whether or not you would like express delivery of your card.
Enter your phone number and your email address and choose an answer to the question regarding whether or not you are a U.S. citizen.
- In the security information section, enter your date of birth, your Social Security number, and your mother’s maiden name.
- Choose whether you’d like paperless statements. Click the box that says you agree to the terms and conditions of the card.
- If you’d like to do a balance transfer when you apply, enter the information in the next section.
- Click the green button saying “Apply.” You may get an immediate answer or you may need to provide additional information if requested.
The Barclays credit card application process is similar regardless of the Barclays credit card you choose.back to menu ↑
Barclays Credit Card Customer Service
If you have questions about your Barclays credit card, you can call their customer service team at 1-866-928-85-98. You can also write them at:
P.O. Box 8801
Wilmington, DE, 19899-8801.
Barclays Credit Card FAQs
What are the benefits of a Barclays credit card?
The benefits of a Barclays credit card vary depending on which card you apply for. The Barclaycard Arrival Plus card, for example, offers double miles for every purchase and 60,000 bonus miles. The Barclaycard Ring offers a 0 percent APR for balance transfers for the first year you have the card.
What is the APR for a Barclays credit card?
The APR varies depending on which card you choose and your credit history. APRs range from 17.74 percent to 24.74 percent. The Barclaycard Ring credit card has a 13.74 percent variable APR.
Is there an annual fee?
Some Barclays credit cards have an annual fee. Of the cards that do have an annual fee, the highest annual fee is $150 per year.
Is there a late fee?
Barclays credit card will charge a late fee of up to $37 if your payment is received after the due date.
Does Barclays share my personal information?
Barclays may share your information with affiliate companies in order to service your account. They do not sell your information to other companies, though.
Barclays credit cards have positive reviews overall. Many cardholders enjoy the benefits of their particular card. Barclaycard Ring, for example, allows cardholders to participate in the company profits on the card. It also uses crowdsourcing to determine the terms and conditions of the card. Frequent travelers enjoy the Barclaycard Arrival Plus. You earn double miles for all purchases and you can earn 60,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 during the first 90 days you have the card.