If you’re a frequent flier on American Airlines, you may want to consider the Aviator™ Mastercard®. The Aviator card is issued by Barclays and allows you to earn airline miles on all your purchases as well as other perks.
To qualify for an Aviator™ Mastercard®, you need a good or excellent credit score. This means you need a credit score of 700 or higher.
How to Apply for Aviator Mastercard Online
It’s simple to apply for Aviator Mastercard online.
- First, visit their website at www.aviatormastercard.com.
- Click on the button near the middle of the page saying “Learn more.”
- Click on the blue button at the top right corner of the page that reads “Apply now.” This brings you to the page to apply for the AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard.
- Enter your first and last name and your address. Type how long you have lived at your address and select whether you own or rent.
Select your occupation and enter your total annual income. Provide your phone number and email address. Choose whether or not you are a U.S. citizen.
Enter your date of birth, your Social Security number, and your mother’s maiden name.
- Check the box that you understand the terms and conditions of your card. You can opt to do a balance transfer if you’re approved for the card.
- Click the green button that says “Apply.”
Aviator Mastercard Rewards Program
The Aviator Mastercard offers bonus miles when you sign up. You earn double miles for every American Airlines purchase you make and one mile for each dollar you spend elsewhere. You also get your first checked bag free, you save 25 percent on all in-flight purchases, and you have access to World Elite travel services.back to menu ↑
Aviator Mastercard Credit Card FAQs
What is the APR for purchases with an Aviator Mastercard?
The APR is based on your credit history. It will typically range from 17.99 and 26.99 percent.
What is the APR for balance transfers?
The Aviator Mastercard offers a 0 percent APR for the first 15 billing cycles after any balance transfers you initiate within 45 days of opening the account. After that period, your APR will be the same as your purchase APR.
Is there an annual fee?
There is an annual fee of $95.
Is there a late fee?
If your payment is received after the due date, there is a late fee of up to $37.
Can I take a cash advance?
You can take a cash advance on the credit card. The APR is 27.24 percent and a fee of $10 or up to 5 percent.
Overall, those with the Aviator Mastercard seem happy with the rewards, especially the double miles for purchases. If you’re not a frequent traveler, you may prefer a more general rewards card, such as a cash back credit card. If American Airlines is your airline of choice, though, the bonus reward for signing up and travel benefits are definitely worth considering.