American Express offers an extensive line of business credit cards that are designed for small and medium businesses. You can apply for an American Express business card whether you’re running a retail business or you’re a sole proprietor.
American Express business credit cards are designed for business owners, and you will need to provide information about your business when you apply. Your personal credit history will be checked as well. Typically, you will need a credit score in the 600s to be approved.
How to Apply for American Express Business Card Online
It’s easy to apply for American Express Business card.
- First, visit www.americanexpress.com.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “small business credit cards.”
- From the list, choose the card that best meets your needs.
The process of applying is similar regardless of the card you choose.
- For example, if you want the Business Gold Rewards Card, scroll down to that card and then click “Apply.”
- On the next page, enter your business information. You will need to provide your email address, your legal business name, the business name that should appear on the card, and your business address and phone number.
- Select the appropriate industry, company structure, and years you’ve been in business. Enter the number of employees, your annual business revenue, and your estimated monthly spending on the card.
- Enter your Federal Tax ID and your role in the company.
- Click “Continue.”
- Fill in the personal information requested on the next page and follow the prompts to complete your application.
Other Ways to Apply for an American Express Business Credit Card
You can also apply for American Express Business card by phone.
Call 1-800-519-67-36 to complete an application with a representative.back to menu ↑
American Express Business Credit Card Customer Service
American Express Business credit card customer service is available around the clock. You can reach them at 1-800-492-33-44.back to menu ↑
American Express Business Credit Card FAQs
What are the benefits of an American Express Business credit card?
The main advantage of an American Express Business card is that, unlike traditional American Express cards, you can carry a balance if you need to. There is a spending limit that will be determined by American Express when you apply. You can also apply for an American Express Business charge card, which you typically have to pay off in full each month.
American Express Business cards also offer rewards. The rewards vary depending on the type of card.
What is the APR for an American Express Business credit card?
The APR varies depending on which card you choose and your creditworthiness. APRs range from 12.99 percent to 26.49 percent.
Is there an annual fee?
Several American Express Business credit cards have no annual fee. Of the cards that do have a fee, the fee ranges from $95 per year to $450 per year.
Is there a late fee?
American Express does charge a late fee if your payment is received after the due date. The late payment fee is up to $38 or 2.99 percent of the past due amount, whichever is greater.
Can you use the American Express Business credit card overseas?
You can use the card in foreign countries, and there may be a fee for foreign transactions depending on the card. If you’re planning to travel outside the U.S., you should let American Express know.
American Express Business credit card holders are generally pleased with the card and the benefits it offers. For example, the Business Platinum card is a charge card. It provides excellent travel benefits, including no fee for foreign transactions. The Gold Rewards card has a lower annual fee and is a good fit for smaller companies or if you don’t travel frequently for business. The Plum card provides flexible payment options and no annual fee for the first year.