If you live in Hawaii or frequently travel there, you may enjoy the Hawaiian Airlines credit card. The card is issued jointly by Bank of Hawaii and Barclays and rewards your purchases with Hawaiian Airlines miles and other travel perks. Most airline rewards cards require good credit or better to apply, which means you have your best chances of being approved if your credit score is 670 or higher.
How to Apply for a Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card Online
It’s easy to complete a Hawaiian Airlines credit card application online.
- First, visit their website at hawaiianbohcard.com.
- Click the pink “Learn More” link near the middle of the page below the words “Not a Cardmember?”
- This takes you to their application page.
- Enter your first and last name and your address. Type how long you’ve lived at your address and select your residence status.
- Select your occupation and enter your total annual income. Click whether you would like express delivery of your card.
- Provide your phone number and your email address. Select whether or not you are a citizen of the United States.
Give your date of birth, your Social Security number, and your mother’s maiden name. Select whether you want paperless statements and check that you agree to their terms and conditions.
- If you want to do a balance transfer with your application, enter the information on the form.
- Scroll down and click the green “Apply” number.
Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card Rewards Program
Hawaiian Airlines credit card gives you airline miles based on your purchases. You can use these miles to purchase flights on Hawaiian Airlines and their partner airlines. You earn three miles for each dollar you spend with Hawaiian Airlines, two miles for each dollar you spend on gas, at restaurants, and at grocery stores. And you earn one more per dollar on all your other purchases.back to menu ↑
Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card FAQs
What is the APR of a Hawaiian Airlines credit card?
The APR varies based on the Prime Rate, and it also depends on your creditworthiness. Your APR will typically be between 18.99 percent and 27.99 percent.
Can you transfer a balance?
You can transfer a balance, and it’s subject to your card’s APR. If you transfer a balance within the first 45 of opening your account, you receive a 0 percent APR for the first 15 months you have the card.
Is there an annual fee?
The Hawaiian Airlines credit card has a $99 annual fee.
Is there a late fee?
There is a late fee of up to $40 if your payment is received after the due date.
Can I get a cash advance?
You can get a cash advance. The fee for a cash advance is either 5 percent or $10, and the APR for cash advances is 28.24 percent.
Overall, reviewers seem happy with the Hawaiian Airlines credit card benefits. They often offer generous sign-up bonus and you get a discounted companion airfare when you’re approved. The annual fee is a bit steep, though, and your miles expire if you don’t use your card for 18 months.