Capital One is one of the largest credit card issuers around. They offer a Journey® Student credit card that is suitable to applicants with good credit, which means you need a credit score of about 651 or higher. The Journey® Student credit card from Capital One® provides you with cash back based on all the purchases you make using the card.
Journey® Student Credit Card from Capital One® Rates & Fees
|ANNUAL FEE||INTRO APR||APRS||BALANCE TRANSFER FEE||FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE|
How to Apply for Journey® Student Credit Card from Capital One® Online
You can quickly apply for the the Journey® Student credit card online.
- To start, visit www.capitalone.com/credit-cards.
- Click “See All Cards” to compare all their cards.
- Find the Journey® Student credit card after you tick “Cash” in the Rewards section.
- Click the green “Apply Now” button under the Journey® Student card.
- Enter your first and last name, your date of birth, and your Social Security number. Answer the question about your citizenship, and then enter your residential and mailing addresses.
- Provide your email address and your phone number. Select your employment status and enter your annual income, your monthly housing payment, what type of bank accounts you have, and whether you would like blank cash advance checks.
- Check the box agreeing to their Electronic Communications Disclosure.
- Click the “Continue” button and follow the prompts to finish your application.
Other Ways to Apply for the Journey® Student Credit Card from Capital One®
You can apply by phone by calling 1-800-695-55-00.
Capital One Customer Service
You can reach Capital One customer service by phone by calling 1-800-227-48-25. You can also write them at:
Attn: General Correspondence
P.O. Box 30285
Salt Lake City, UT, 84130-0287.
Journey® Student Credit Card FAQs
What are the benefits of the Journey® Student Card from Capital One®?
With the Journey® Student credit card from Capital One®, you earn 1% cash back on all your purchases. If you pay on time, you might boost your cash back to a total of 1.25% for that month.
What is the APR for a Capital One credit card?
The APR varies depending on your credit and is based on the Prime Rate. APR is typically around 26.99 percent.
Is there an annual fee?
The Journey® Student credit card has no annual fee.
Is there a late fee?
If your payment is late, you can be charged a fee of up to $38.
How long will it take to get my Capital One card?
In most cases, it will take about seven to 10 business days to receive your card.
Let’s assume the balance on your credit card is $5000, your card’s APR is 23%, and your minimum monthly payment in percentage is 100. Your first payment should be $100. Note that this number is expected to change over time.
To pay off your credit card balance in full, it will take you 2442 months. You’ll pay the overall interest of $99510.62. Your total payment will be $104510.62.
Credit Card Minimum Payment Calculator
|Minimum Monthly Payment ($):|
|Months to Payoff:|
By using this calculator you agree to terms and conditions. These calculators are designed to be informational and educational tools only, and when used alone, do not constitute investment or financial advice. We strongly recommend that you seek the advice of a financial services professional before making any type of investment or deciding on your financial matters. This model is provided as a rough approximation of future financial performance. The results presented by this calculator are hypothetical and may not reflect the actual growth of your own investments. We can't take into account potential lender fees, payoff schedule can be longer than in the estimation. Mycreditcards and its affiliates are not responsible for the consequences of any decisions or actions taken in reliance upon or as a result of the information provided by these tools. Mycreditcards is not responsible for any human or mechanical errors or omissions.
Watch How Do Balance Transfers Credit Cards Work
Before apply for new credit card estimate your potential balance transfer savings