Bank of America offers a wide range of credit cards with various benefits. BankAmericard® Secured credit card is designed for people with imperfect credit. This can give you the opportunity to build or rebuild your credit.
BankAmericard® Secured Rates & Fees
|ANNUAL FEE||INTRO APR||APRS||BALANCE TRANSFER FEE||FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE|
|0 USD||None||24.99% variable||Pay a fee of 3% per each transaction (no less than $10)||For any transactions made outside the USA, you’ll pay 3% of the USD amount, whatever the transaction currency is.|
How to Apply for BankAmericard® Secured Credit Card Online
- You can quickly and easily apply for BankAmericard® Secured credit card online.
- To get started, visit their website at www.bankofamerica.com/secured-credit-card/
- Click the blue “Apply Now” button under the card.
- This will bring you to the application. Enter your first and last name and your residential address. If you have a different mailing address, check the box next to “Send my statement to a different address.”
- Enter your primary phone number and the type of phone that you own. Provide your email address. Select an answer to each of the citizenship questions and select your country of residence.
- Enter your date of birth, select your employment status, enter your total annual income and select your source of income. Choose the amount of liquid assets that you own, which includes the amount of money you have in total in your checking and savings accounts, stocks, CDs, and money market accounts.
- Enter your monthly housing payment. If you want to transfer a balance or add a cardholder, select the appropriate box.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and check the box saying that you agree to the terms and conditions. Click “Continue” and follow the prompts to complete your application.
Other Ways to Apply for a BankAmericard® Secured Credit Card
You can also apply for a BankAmericard® Secured credit card by phone or at a local branch. To apply by phone, call 1-800-932-27-75. To find a branch in your area, you can visit their website: locators.bankofamerica.com.back to menu ↑
Sign Up for Bank of America Account
If you don’t have a Bank of America account, you need to enroll in online banking to get full and secure access to managing your finances online. To register your Bank of America account, visit the homepage at www.bankofamerica.com. Click “Enroll” on the left side of the page. Enter the last 6 digits of your card or account number, your full Social Security number and click “Continue”. On the next page, you need to create your ID and password. Hit the “Continue” button and follow the prompts to complete your Bank of America account registration.back to menu ↑
BankAmericard® Secured FAQs
Is there an annual fee?
The BankAmericard® Secured credit card has none annual fee.
Is there any intro APR?
This card has no introductory APR.
What is the APR for a BankAmericard® Secured credit card?
The APR for the BankAmericard® Secured card is 24.99 percent.
Can I transfer a balance?
You can do a balance transfer. The APR for your balance transfer is the same as your purchase APR, and there is a fee of 3% per each transaction (no less than $10.)
Before you apply for balance transfer calculate your total interest rates, monthly payments, your total cost of borrowing card credit and total savings.
Can I use the BankAmericard® Secured credit card for foreign purchases?
You can use this card for foreign transactions. The BankAmericard® Secured credit card charges a foreign transaction fee of 3 percent.